Monday, August 28, 2006

Emily's First Date?

Friday night Emily went on her first date, with a younger man nonetheless. Elijah Creed Harris (above), son of Ben and Wendy Harris, is only 19, while Emily is almost 21...weeks that is. I guess you could call it a blind date, since they didn't even see each other at dinner, which was at the locally renowned Cafe Avanti in Pell City. Emily had the lasagna and Eli had pizza; Amy and Wendy had the same. I can hardly wait for Emily to be born, but I am not looking forward to her first real date. I'm sure Papa and PawPaw can attest. I hope the years in between won't go by too fast, but I hear that they always do. Maybe if I'm always mindful of that, I'll appreciate her even more.

Check out the radiant mothers-to-be! Who knew that when they taught together at Eastside Elementary only 3 years ago that they'd be pregnant together, and even be due the same month! Congratulations to Ben and Wendy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben and I had a wonderful time with you guys last Friday night. We were so excited when we saw Eli on your blog. We felt like proud parents already! We are thankful that we are experiencing the excitement of our first child with you. God is great!

Love,
Wendy