Saturday, January 13, 2007

EMILY IS HERE!!!!

Emily is here and what a joy she is! Amy and I are so blessed to have her in our family. We are so in love with her. She was born on Thursday, January 11th at 1:30 p.m, weighing in at 8 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 inches long. We had a regularly scheduled appointment on Wednesday and Amy's blood pressure was just a touch high. They sent her to the labor and delivery floor to have some blood work done. While there, they monitored her blood pressure while they ran the tests on her blood. Her blood pressure during that time was in the 120/80 range, which was great. The tests also came back good, but since Amy was practically at her due date and she did have one blood pressure test that was high, they decided to keep her. By the way, she was still dilated to 1 cm and was about 70% effaced, which was about the same as she was in late December. Anyway, they gave her some medication that was to help the labor inducing process that was scheduled for about 7 a.m. on Thursday. On Thursday morning the doctor came in and gave the official go-ahead to induce labor and he broke her water. By 12:30 Amy was only dilated to 3 cm. The doctor said that she wasn't progressing fast enough and that it would be best to do a C-section. He sheduled it for 1:15. I had to call grandparents, etc. that had left the room during what was thought to be just a routine check to tell them that Amy was having a C-section in 45 minutes! Sure enough at 1:15 Amy was in surgery and at 1:30 the doctor and nurses finally pulled out our big bundle of joy. I heard one of the nurses ask Amy where she was hiding Emily b/c they were guessing by the way Amy looked that Emily would be in the 7 lb. range. I was able to witness the blessed event in my own surgical attire.

Amy and Emily are doing so well and are very healthy. We are very excited about getting to take Emily home with us tomorrow. I will get to be with Amy and Emily for about 2 weeks before I return to work. I am looking forward to the experience and I'm certain that I will never forget it. Amy has been an inspiration to me during this whole pregnancy and especially over the past few days. I'm incredibly blessed to be her husband. Now I have two wonderful ladies in my life and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with them. GOD IS GOOD!!!!




































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is perfect! Ben and I think she and Eli kindof look alike. They both have those adorable chubby cheeks. I'm so happy for you guys! It has been such a blessing sharing this with you! Love you!!

Wendy

Wes said...

Jeremy, she is beautiful! I know y'all are enjoying the new experience of parenthood. We are looking forward to this experience as well but then again I am absolutely terrified! Looking at that sweet face just reminds me of how much I look forward to seeing my Hannah's sweet face! Thanks for sharing! Let us know if we can do anything for y'all!